Internet has changed the art of writing letters to email. E-mail is one of the popular services
increasingly being used by people in their daily life. Electronic mail provides a platform for exchanging
information between two end users. It is basically used for sending and receiving mails/messages, e.g.,
textual, voice, graphical and video messages between end users. Operations on emails like Composing,
sending, replying and forwarding are very easy. Many sites provide the e-mail account free for every user.
Some popular e-mail account websites are yahoo mail, Gmail, rediffmail etc.
The advantages of e-mail over postal mail may be:
- E-mail is faster than postal mail.
- It cannot be lost like letters and can be stored for life long.
- It can be edited and forwarded to other users.
- Emails are not affected by distances. It can be sent anywhere in world in seconds.
- An e-mail can include one or more file attachments, allowing a person to send documents,
pictures, or other files with it.
- Sending an e-mail is virtually free, outside the cost of Internet service.
- Sending an e-mail does not require paper (paperless), cardboard, or packing tape, conserving paper resources. So it is environmentally friendly.
Compiled by: Mr. Manish Sharma