‘The future of the world is in my classroom today‘ Ivan Welton Fitzwater
AFVC started DPSE Course with the aim of providing support to school education as a feeder. The college envisages in developing new paradigms in education; focusing on creating competent teachers and empowering them to realize their potential and to serve the mankind. With a notion to produce intellectually sound, inquisitive and technically skilled educational practitioners, the student teachers are exposed to various activities, catering to their cognitive, affective, conative and psycho-social developments.
.Recognition & Affiliation : It is a government approved course.
The Course is duly recognized by NCTE and affiliated to SCERT, Delhi.
Duration : 2 Years
Approved Intake : 50
A candidate must fulfill all the below mentioned eligibility conditions:
- Candidates seeking admission to DPSE Course must have passed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) at least with 50% marks. For calculating percentage of secondary examination conducted by CBSE, best 5 subjects including at least one language is considered.
- 5% relaxation of marks in the qualifying examination is allowed for candidates belonging and applying under the categories of Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or person with Disability only.
- The maximum age should not be more than 24 years as on 30thSeptember of the year of the admission.
- 5 years relaxation of age in upper limit is allowed for candidates belonging and applying under the categories of Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or person with Disability only.
- Admission is on the merit basis by SCERT Delhi.
Course Outline: DPSE is a two-year Diploma course
|DPSE Ist Year||DPSE IInd Year|
|1. Early Childhood care and Education in India||1.Developing Understanding of Environment in Children|
|2. Understanding Child and Childhood||2. Proficiency in Language: Hindi & English|
|3. Pre-School Education Curriculum: Principles and Priorities||3.Gender Diversity and Discrimination|
|4.Development of Mathematical Concepts in Children||4.Working with Children with Special Needs|
|5. Development of Language and Literacy in Children||5. Planning and Organisation of Pre –School Education Progamme|
|6.Health, Care and Nutrition of Children||6.Working with Families and Community|
|7. Methods and Materials||7.Self – Development|
|8. School Experience Programme||8. School Experience Programme|
Curriculum of the course and Examination/Evaluation process is as per the norms of Affiliating Body, i.e. SCERT (State Council for Education Research & Training) for more information log on to SCERT web site.
Fees is as per the norms laid down by SCERT.